…Be a Radio Host
- For broadcast radio, research the stations in your area.
- Most stations require a fee for air-time, determine that fee up front.
- Meet with the program director and sales director.
- Determine how much time you have for commercials that you can sell or use for your own promotion.
- Be familiar with the clock of the station so that you know exactly the times and number of minutes for the interview, commercials and breaks.
- Prepare your introduction and close and content for your show.
- Determine how much promotion the station will provide for you when you are not on the air.